Canadian photographer R. John Knight shares the stories behind some of his nature and wildlife images


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

First Magazine Cover - Labrador Life, Fall 2012

Earlier this fall, I received an e-mail from Labrador Life asking if they could use two images from my photo essay, "Arctic Foxes Go To School" (Labrador Life, Vol. 6, No.1; Winter 2012) for an upcoming article about foxes and rabies in Labrador.  I had completely forgotten about the request until I received an e-mail from Robin McGrath, a friend in Goose Bay who is a contributing writer to Labrador Life.  In her note, she indicated that she recognized my images on the recent cover of Labrador Life and as the lead photo image to an article by Dr.Hugh Whitney entitled, "Outbreak". This was an unexpected and pleasant surprise, and a first for me. 

As the In Focus photo-essay indicates (see below), the Arctic Foxes were photographed while we were visiting Battle Harbour during August 2011.  For more details, see my blogs:

Battle Harbour, Labrador (Dec. 1, 2011)

Arctic Foxes in Labrador (Dec. 17, 2011)
 
Cover, Labrador Life, Vol. 6, No. 4, Fall 2012











Lead image to article by Dr. Hugh Whitney (Labrador Life, Vol. 6, No. 4, Fall 2012)


Photo-essay from IN FOCUS, Labrador Life, Winter 2012 (Vol. 6, No. 1)

 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, John! Excellent coverage and exposure of your beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see that you have your first magazine cover. Does this mean that there will be more in the future? May I say that I have photos you took of Sherrill and me when you could still walk in public and not be molested by the paparazzi? Congratulations!!! Kerry & Teresa

    ReplyDelete